Manager, Data Insights & Analytics
MANAGER, DATA INSIGHTS & ANALYTICS
Are you looking to join a hungry and humble team of thinkers, creators and achievers? You’ve come to the right place.
Jackson Spalding is an award-winning PR and marketing agency that helps brands stand out to move those who matter most.
Fiercely creative and strategic, we work alongside our clients to help them connect with their audience and reach their goals. Jackson Spalding was built on the principle that there had to be a better way to run an agency. That means that we stay curious, have an open mind and ask questions to make sure we consistently achieve excellence with integrity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking a Manager, Data Insights & Analytics to join our growing team. In highly technical terms, we are looking for a “data ninja” to help us turn data and insights into strategy, action and proof of impact across marketing, PR and communication channels – paid, earned and owned.
In short, the Manager of Data Insights & Analytics will help us use data to decide what to do and how we did. The successful candidate needs to have a genuine passion for data analytics, data-driven insights, the consumer journey and an ability to show a measurable path to a defined conversion.
ABOUT JACKSON SPALDING
Jackson Spalding is a public relations and marketing agency that helps brands break through to earn measurable audience attention, affinity and action. Through its integrated PR, digital marketing, advertising, brand strategy and creative services, the agency helps organizations better share their stories. Jackson Spalding was founded in 1995 with a vision to be the most trusted and respected agency in the industry and is proudly independently owned. With offices located in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles and Athens, Ga., Jackson Spalding’s clients include celebrated brands like Chick-fil-A, The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, Google, L.L.Bean, Orkin, Primrose Schools, and Toyota, among others. Jackson Spalding was recognized as one of the best PR agencies in America by Forbes in 2020, has been featured on Best Places to Work lists, and has earned awards ranging from the SABREs to ADDYs.
Oversee all aspects of identifying, collecting, measuring and interpreting data across all our digital marketing efforts to increase effectiveness, uncover business insights, influence audience behaviors and make better decisions.
You’ll understand multi-channel execution strategies and tactics, web analytics, cross channel attribution, conversion optimization, and personalization. While you may love to nerd out on the data, you’ll also be able to translate that into easy-to-digest reports for clients and fellow team members, including bespoke dashboards that clearly visualize performance and recommendations.
We also expect you to lead by example. By that, we mean roll sleeves up, dig deep into the data firsthand, and build a strong team by leading and developing new talent.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Extract and organize data from multiple sources (campaign performance, social listening, competitive analysis) to derive actionable insights and optimize business outcomes
- Leverage visual analytics to build thoughtful presentations/reports to deliver clear and actionable strategy and performance insights
- Partner with internal teams across all functions to learn the most efficient and effective way to extract value from data and develop a storytelling approach grounded in client business reality and brand objectives
- Provide optimization recommendations to clients to support the most efficient and effective channels, partners, and tactics
- Identify gaps/requirements from a measurement standpoint and the best tools to meet the needs of our agency and clients
- Meet with internal account teams, creative team members and brand planning teams to accurately scope out projects and budgets.
- Support and work closely with our Digital, Paid Media and other client-facing teams – PPC/SEO, Paid Media, Email Marketing, and Content Marketing.
- Define early in the process what is going to be measured, why it needs to be measured and how that data will be used, as well as reporting on the insights
- Share knowledge and learnings across the agency to keep teams aware of and motivated to put our analytics acumen to work for their clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Economics, Computer Science, Information systems, Business Analytics’ or related field
- 5+ years of work experience in measurement and analytics strategy applicable to marketing and/or media including experience with extensive data integration, omnichannel, multiplatform marketing modeling, and continuous analysis with critical test theories
- Knowledge of Digital Media, Marketing/Advertising industries highly preferred – agency experience is a plus
- Strong, independent work ethic with minimal supervision needed
- Ability to give clear direction and give/receive constructive feedback
- Demonstrated ability to foster ideas and growth among a team
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and consulting skills
- Comprehensive understanding of media metrics (e.g., CTR, CPM, etc.) measurement analytics, quantitative business measures (ROI, LTV, etc.), statistics (sample size, margin of error, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with statistical/data mining concepts and methods
- Experience working with measurement partners for brand lift, conversion lift, MMM and MTA (Nielsen, Millward Brown, etc.)
- Experience with Google Campaign Manager, Double Verify, DMPs, DSPs, Google Analytics required
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple digital marketing channels
- Expert with data visualization tools
- Experience with web analytics (Omniture, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc.)
- Experience with CRM data analysis (customer segmentation/ churn/lifetime value, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages SQL and R
- Experience with industry-leading analytics approaches (e.g., digital analytics, A/B testing, database analytics, data visualization and tools (Adobe, Tableau) to transform data into meaningful insights
- Ability to provide examples of non-confidential case studies or work deliverables
We believe that great work starts by taking care of our people. Below are just some of the benefits we provide the JS team.
- World-class health care
- Unlimited sick days
- 401k match + personal financial planning
- Flexible work environment: This means that for roles where it makes sense, you'll have the option to spend some time in our incredible workspaces (when it's safe to do so) and some of your time working remotely - whether from home or elsewhere
At Jackson Spalding, we embrace and celebrate our differences. They are what inspire, unite, and motivate us to strive for a better way. In alignment with our purpose to cultivate meaningful relationships rooted in mutual respect, we are dedicated to fostering a sense of belonging throughout our agency. Jackson Spalding is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.