Business Development Manager
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Are you looking to join a hungry and humble team of thinkers, creators and achievers? You’ve come to the right place.
Jackson Spalding is an award-winning PR and marketing agency that helps brands stand out to move those who matter most.
Fiercely creative and strategic, we work alongside our clients to help them connect with their audience and reach their goals. Jackson Spalding was built on the principle that there had to be a better way to run an agency. That means that we stay curious, have an open mind and ask questions to make sure we consistently achieve excellence with integrity.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Jackson Spalding, a full-service public relations and marketing agency, is seeking a seasoned Business Development Manager to join our dynamic business development and marketing team. Primary responsibility is to activate and collaborate on the business development strategy and efforts for Jackson Spading to develop, identify and execute on new opportunities to grow the business alongside other business development team members.
ABOUT JACKSON SPALDING
Jackson Spalding is a public relations and marketing agency that helps brands break through to earn measurable audience attention, affinity and action. Through its integrated PR, digital marketing, advertising, brand strategy and creative services, the agency helps organizations better share their stories. Jackson Spalding was founded in 1995 with a vision to be the most trusted and respected agency in the industry and is proudly independently owned. With offices located in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles and Athens, Ga., Jackson Spalding’s clients include celebrated brands like Chick-fil-A, The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, Google, L.L.Bean, Orkin, Primrose Schools, and Toyota, among others. Jackson Spalding was recognized as one of the best PR agencies in America by Forbes in 2020, has been featured on Best Places to Work lists, and has earned awards ranging from the SABREs to ADDYs.
- Evaluate incoming sales leads and RFPs and manage the sales process from inquiry to response, while collaborating with other JS subject matter experts to close and win new business opportunities
- Develop proposals and budget estimates for new business opportunities and engage other teammates and subject matter experts in business development activity to produce the best responses possible and to promote a culture of business development
- Develop dynamic content for presentations in connection with pitches and other new business opportunities
- Cultivate relationships with client prospects and clearly articulate the benefits and advantages of the agency’s services
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery of strategic research on potential clients, competitors and industry developments to identify business trends and opportunities
- Maintain up to date records and pipeline of new business opportunities in HubSpot, our CRM system
- Collaborate with the BD team to create, maintain and track the annual business development plan and budget
- Establish and monitor standards, processes, and communications for business development
- Be an internal and external ambassador and relationship builder for the agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 5 + years’ experience in agency or professional services industry, ideally in a business development or sales role
- Proven ability to drive results that meet revenue and profitability goals through successful lead generation and follow through, market research, client relations, pursuit development, and client management
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong eye for detail
- Effective project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Clear, concise and persuasive business writing skills
- Polished presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills
- Strong team skills and the ability to collaborate in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to generate and win large agency of record relationships
- Experience using a CRM platform and sales funnel, like HubSpot or Salesforce
- Demonstrated strategic thinking
- Strong capability of working in PowerPoint to design and assemble presentations and proposals
We believe that great work starts by taking care of our people. Below are just some of the benefits we provide the JS team.
- World class health care
- Profit sharing
- Unlimited sick days
- 401k match + personal financial planning
- Flexible work environment: This means that for roles where it makes sense, you’ll have the option to spend some of your time in our incredible workspaces (when it's safe to do so) and some of your time working remotely – whether from home or elsewhere.
At Jackson Spalding, we embrace and celebrate our differences. They are what inspire, unite, and motivate us to strive for a better way. In alignment with our purpose to cultivate meaningful relationships rooted in mutual respect, we are dedicated to fostering a sense of belonging throughout our agency. Jackson Spalding is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.